Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them well by hand. Rub some flour into your hands and form the oregano balls in the size of a walnut. Pour olive oil into a frying pan and let it heat. Fry the oregano rissoles for 3 minutes each side until they golden brown.
Oregano has potent antioxidant properties and is a good source of fiber, iron, potassium, beta-carotene, zinc and copper.
Celebrations and special occasions:
Oregano rissoles raised generations of residents of the area of Koroni. A walk to the fields to gather oregano, a little craft and plenty of virgin olive oil from Koroni into the frying pan, the delicious taster accompanied the food or was the main meal of the family.
• fresh chopped oregano – along with its leaves, gathered before it matures (two handfuls)
• chopped dry onions (2)
• chopped garlic (2 cloves)
• Flour (4-5 tablespoons)
• dry grated ‘mizithra’ cheese (4 tablespoons)
• 1 beaten egg
• olive oil (2 tablespoons)
• Ouzo (1 tablespoon)
• 1/2 cup of olive oil for frying