The Messinian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, with the support of the “Captain Vassilis and Carmen Constantakopoulos” Foundation, has organized a free of charge educational olive oil tasting seminar, which will take place on Tuesday, March 20 2018, at 16.45, at the Elite City Resort in Kalamata.
Dr Antonio Giuseppe Lauro, an internationally renowned taster and President of the EVO IOOC International Olive Oil Contest, will host a seminar in Kalamata entitled “Flavors, aromas, and the complexity of olive oil.”
The seminar will include a guided olive oil tasting, a commentary on international and Greek varieties, as well as a discussion on the participation of Greek olive oils in international contests.
The purpose of the seminar is to aid understanding of basic issues related to quality and organoleptic evaluation, as well as the relationship between quality and a successful export model.
The educational seminar is exclusively aimed at olive oil production, standardization and marketing businesses.
It should be noted that the seminar is under the auspices of the Olive Oil and Olives Festival held in Kalamata.
If you wish to register, you may contact the Messinian Chamber of Commerce and Industry: (tel.) +3027210 62212, 62200, (email) [email protected]
As places are limited, a strict first-come-first-served-basis will be observed.
Below you may find the full program.
• Beneficial properties of olives and factors affecting them
• Factors that negatively affect olive oil properties at every stage of production
• Tasting and commenting on international single- and multi-varietal olive oils
• Complexity – Harmony – Balance
• Quality olive oil exports, current market trends
• Participation in international contests – The case of EVOIOOC (http://www.evo-iooc.com)
• Tasting and commenting on Greek single- and multi-varietal olive oils